PDA

View Full Version : The alien world

Prajwal J Ullal
07-11-2015, 10:08 PM
ID: Jumping spiderlings

Was roaming around the local garden looking out for some interesting subjects, and everytime I got something very much unique and surprising subject to capture. This time it was an alien planet. Accidentally encountered this in the dim evening light, what initially seemed as some waste stuck in the spiders web, on touching it seemed disintegrating, only to realize that it was some stuff filled with spiderlings. Most of them hung on to the web and returned back to where they had taken refuge. After attempting several shots in almost darkness and not satisfied with the frames, decided to go the reverse lens way and finally got this frame.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 18-55 IS
F/20(locked)
Shutterspeed 1/200
ISO 100
Handheld, inbuilt flash used(mobile light for locating)

Mrudul Godbole
25-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Wow. Very interesting find. On reading the description only I saw it more carefully to notice the spiderlings. Nice spotting. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
01-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Nice to see this. Looks like an egg sac of the spider just after hatching. Some spiders carry the egg sac around on the belly.
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
02-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Great record. What was its size? How long was it? Recently for a documentary I was hoping to get this but couldn't. :(

Prajwal J Ullal
02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
The whole bunch(the stray object on web) seemed to be hardly 8-10mm across, those spiderlings might have been an mm or so long