PDA

View Full Version : The Cold Stare!!

Ulhas Kalyanpur
10-11-2015, 06:02 PM
The forest was green with puddles of rain water all over the safari tracks. The rain god had blessed "The Land of Leopards" - Kabini whole heartedly. The mist & cold only multiplied our enthusiasm. Last 20 minutes for the safari to end & we come face to face with this LEOPARD . He is in his prime & was patrolling his territory & scent marking in peace. His relaxed mood & full belly indicated that he had made a kill a day or two before. May his tribe live & prosper always.

Kabini Nov 2015, Sony a6000, 55-210mm.
Exif: f/6.3, SS 1/250, ISO 250

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Subha Deepabali.

Nice sighting. Heavily-built with domed head. Looks like hair inside ears is yellow. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Debasis Bose
15-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Lovely, the most beautiful creation of the nature that roams the Indian forest.

Roopak Gangadharan
17-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Nice to see this fine looking animal

TFS
roopak

Mrudul Godbole
24-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Lovely sighting. A perfect way to end a safari. Is this a full frame? I would have liked a bit more space at the top. Also you can post images without the thick borders. How long was the sighting? Could you get any images with more of the habitat? Thanks for sharing.

Ulhas Kalyanpur
24-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Thank you All for your comments.

Mrudulji - The sighting was for a good 10 minutes or so. We had to leave him and go as it was at the end of the safari & we had to cover quite a bit of distance to reach the gate. Yes, I have few images with more of habitat too. I will post one of them today.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Nice to always see a leopard image. Again the image is not sharp. You should check this tutorial http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?268

Borders are nice to have in prints. However for critiques, it is better to leave the image without borders. The border just takes up more pixels as well as distracts our attention from the subject.

Since your focal length is max 210mm, it is always better to try and capture wide angle images. That would force you to learn to compose pleasing images. It is always difficult to create pleasing environmental compositions. When you get a long lens you will anyway click closeups. So better to try now.