Focal Length: 370
Aperture: 9.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1250
Hand Held
Cropped

-Nishith

Rajan Kanagasabai
23-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Another awesome composition. Again the blacks hide details and a +EC would help. Loved the symmetry of the flight, one wing stroke up and the other down - framed at the right moment. The high aperture has helped freeze the wing beat details well. Beautiful eye contact and nice example of the rule of the thirds.

A small Trivia on TEALS: Teals are supposedly a form of duck. So, all teals are ducks but not all ducks are teals . . . .

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
24-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Nice to see a pair. Good eye contact and catchlight. Any reason to use only 370mm and then crop? Seems there are lot of winter visitors to this place. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
25-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Nice freeze. Well timed. Agree with comments above, wud been great if this was closer with more details in the subject. Looks a bit over sharpened.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
04-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Since you have mentioned 370mm focal length, I guess it was a sudden affair? There are some sharpening artifacts. I guess this is a large crop.

The eye contact is fine. The left wing of the bird on top is not covered with depth of field. The focal plane passes through the farther wing. The wing spread of the bird at the bottom is nice. I agree that a closer approach and/or focal length would have been great. Keep on trying.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi