PDA

View Full Version : Common Stonechat

Arun Acharjee
04-12-2015, 08:47 PM
The species is very common to our locality. Once my friend informed that he had shown Wooly-necked Stork in their locality(Halisahar, Nadia, W. B.) which is not so far from my village. On the very day, though failed to get clear shot of those stork, managed to capture a little bit clear shot of this stonechat. To make it clearer I edited the image with photoshop too.

EXIF Info.

Camera model: Nikon P510
Aperture : F/5.9
Shutter Speed :1/500
ISO : 200

Edited, Cropped.

Thank you.

Mrudul Godbole
06-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Cute bird. Nice perch. I think there is slight loss in details, maybe due to the crop. I would preferred using a narrower aperture to get more details in the bird and also not blurring the background, to give an idea of its habitat. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
08-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Agree with mrudul. there also seems to be a yellow colour cast to the image.
TFS
roopak

Arun Acharjee
11-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Thank you for your comments. Actually, as I think, there was some problem with my kit at that moment I clicked the bird. It seemed to be a hazy-blurred image. Also I must submit that I was little aware of the camera setting like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, metering etc. Though the cause of such smoky-hazy images was completely unknown. May it be due to fungus. So, I have to edit the image in Photoshop to a great extent. I am submitting my actual image with just a decrease of its 'dpi'(72).