PDA

View Full Version : White Breasted Kingfisher

A.S.Chandrashekaran
13-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Here is an example of Habitat Loss causing serious changes in traditional Food Habits. Could we possibly reach the stage of needing to edit ORNITHOLOGICAL Nomenclature, in this case, to perhaps Kingmouser?

Bibhav Behera
13-01-2009, 10:57 AM
lovely catch... shows very nicely how habitat loss can actually lead to a food chain change and thus disrupt the natural balance... kudos mate.

for the pic: seems to be a big crop due to which there is a bit of detail loss.

Chitrita Chatterjee
13-01-2009, 11:00 AM
it is startling.... changes in the environment.... loss of habitat resulting in change of food habits.... would effect etire species.....
brilliant work.. despite the slightly grainy picture...

Sabyasachi Patra
13-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I agree with Bibhav and Chitrita. You have captured a unique image. It seems you have done a big crop. It is better that you present the original image without crop. Else, you can send the original and I will pick up a crop so that it gives us better clarity.

Also, add where and when this image was captured.

A.S.Chandrashekaran
19-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Mr Patra,Bibhav and Chitrita,
Thanks indeed for all your comments. Search as I might, thanks to one of those Marvels of technology, I am unable to find the original. What I have posted is all that I have.

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-04-2020, 05:09 PM
Not at all.......
White-breasted/throated Kingfisher is least dependent on fish - our M.Krishnan, our Great teacher has observed. It has its normal prey.
Clicked at right moment. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild