PDA

View Full Version : The New Queen of Dhikala

Debasis Bose
04-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Nikon, Nikor 300mm F 2.8, ISO 200, 1/100s

Shot on Thandi Sadak of Corbett National Park on 25th Dec 2015

Mrudul Godbole
04-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Nice yawning pose captured. Good you could sight it resting on the road in the open. I think it moved, so the AF point is locked slightly below on the body. I would have liked some more space on the top. So you had a new year in Corbett? Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I am only looking at the canines........ and appreciating them, beautifully taken.

I would only say - Debashis Bhai is testifying to what our Great Teacher wrote after observing and photographing a freshly-killed adult Gaur by Tiger in Palamau:

"The remarkable feature of this kill was that there were no claw marks on Gaur's hide, that the only wounds were two sets of two deep, punctured wounds, inflicted by the canines, on either side of the nape; the throat had not been bitten."
- M.Krishnan

Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
09-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Nice yawn. The depth of field is less. In very rare cases I have used f2.8 in my 400 f2.8 lens. And the face seems to be blurred along with the background. A higher ISO could have given a bit more shutter speed as well as narrow aperture. A bit more space at the top would also add to the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
13-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Nice pose.
TFS
Roopak