PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Kestrel

Debasis Bose
07-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Nikon, Nikor 600mm F4, ISO 200, F/8, 1/640s

On banks of Ramganga, CTR

Mrudul Godbole
07-01-2016, 01:06 PM
A typical kestrel pose :). Nice head turn and eye contact. Liked the catchlight on the eye. Thanks for sharing.

Debasis Bose
07-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Dear Madame Mrudul, Glad you liked the image. Feeling happy that my skills of photography is improving. Regards Debasis

Sabyasachi Patra
11-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Nice to see a kestrel from Corbett. We all hope that your photography skills continue to improve so that we can get even better corbett experience through you. :)

With long lenses it i very important to keep the lens on a firm support. A bean bag often helps. Also, manually slightly fine tuning the focus while clicking helps in increasing the focus accuracy and hence sharpness.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
11-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Dear Sabyasachi, Thank you and will incorporate your suggestion of manually fine tuning the focus for enhanced sharpness, where the subject gives some time. I am compiling short stories of my experience in Corbett, which will share one day.
I do use the lightest bean bag with polystyrene foam balls and Gitzo systematic 3542 carbon fibre tripod with Benro Gimball head, which I frequently use for birding with Nikor 600 F4 and Nikor 300 F 2.8.
Please could you advise how to upload videos. I have some interesting videos. One with elephant behavior rarely recorded in wild. Regards Debasis