ISO: 1000
Shutter Speed: 1/800
Handheld
Ranthambore National Park
December 2015

-Nishith

Debasis Bose
10-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Lovely capture. The foreground and background landscape with dappled coat, sunrise-orange colour with bat-black stripes full of lumpy muscle with swishing of the tail gives the image a nice feel. Thanks for sharing

Mrudul Godbole
10-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Nice to see it in action. The flying water droplets look nice. I liked the wider composition showing the full picture of the tiger chasing through the water with the water birds around. I think the tiger moved and so the face is not sharp. Is this a full frame? Who was it chasing? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Second part, after stalking, of Tiger's attack methodology in peninsular India or open grassland. The beauty of heavily muscled shoulders and upper part of forelegs in this action photograph is a treat to watch. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Nishith Kumar
10-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Thanks all for appreciating the image:-) No, it not a full frame image, I have cropped the image from right for a slight off centre composition..It was a mock chase, a herd of Sambar deer was quite far away..However, couple of gallop of the king was more than enough to create chaos among all & scare away half the jungle:D

-Nishith

Sabyasachi Patra
19-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Interesting to see this. The snake bird knows that the tiger is not chasing in its direction and is cool. Guess the tiger was far off. I would love a wider composition. However, the challenge with wider compositions is that the camera often doesn't resolve all details. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi