PDA

View Full Version : The chase--Leopard in Bandipur

Shyamala Kumar
18-01-2016, 02:08 PM
This male leopard was lounging around in the wake of his mate who was hidden in the undergrowth when all of sudden he changed attitude and broke into a run.We realised that the Langur, perched in the tree above, the mating couple, which was repeatedly calling in agitation, had suddenly made a dash for it.Actually we had earlier zeroed in on the couple hearing the calls of this particular langur.I was unprepared for the action and was just able to shoot this image from the door of the safari bus together with a lot of`mobile`:001_smile: photographers.Nov 2015 morning Bandipur.NIKON7100+150-600mm FL240mm F/8 1/500s ISO3200

Roopak Gangadharan
18-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Wow that must have been some sight. did it go up the tree? you seem to have amazing cat luck...:)

TFS
Roopak

Rajan Kanagasabai
18-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Brilliant picture of a Leapord in full flow - almost the explosive stride pattern of a Cheeta in a high speed chase. The concentration on the eyes is mesmerizing. The tail, which is actually the stabilizer during high speeds is also used to counter balance the center of gravity during high speed turns.

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Debasis Bose
19-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Lovely shot, you were lucky to be there at right spot at right moment. Such action sighting is like dream come true for any wildlife lover. TFS

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Wonderful image. Such half-airborne action of Leopard may not be seen even once in a lifetime. Impressive display of muscles in the upper-part of legs for us and his mate too!
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Sighting a leopard pair in a safari through the FD bus, is amazing luck :). Photographing from a gypsy can be difficult, I can understand how it would have been in a bus full of tourists. It seems it got irritated by the calls and made a dash towards the monkey. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Super luck. I guess you will soon get more invites from Indiawilds members so that they can share your luck. :D Frankly speaking this is a nice sight. Getting a shot is a bonus. Be happy to have seen it.