PDA

View Full Version : Alert Tiger

Debasis Bose
19-01-2016, 07:58 AM
This shot was when the tiger broke her cover to hunt after three days of prolonged mating.
Nikon, Nikor 70-200 f 2.8, shot @ 200 f8, ISO 5600, 1/320s
Corbett Tiger Reserve

Rajan Kanagasabai
19-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Nice frame. Did you try an off centred composition as well (with space to the front of the Tiger)?

Maybe a lower Aperture (say 5.6) would have given you a higher shutter speed and more details. Loved the majestic pose and the mighty presence.

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Debasis Bose
19-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Dear Rajan, Thank you for your lovely comments and suggestions to enhance the image. I am posting a slight off center image, where only change done is increased the ISO to 6400, remaining setting are same with camera moved little towards right. With yours, Sabyasachi, Mrudul and Roopak's suggestions, I think my sense and skills of photography has improved a lot and for that I sincerely thank all of you. Please keep on giving your suggestions. Regards Debasis

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Nice resting and surveying pose captured. It has positioned its ears, may be, for precisely locating some source of sound in the foreground.The composition looks good to me as the bend ahead adds mystic feel to the image. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Nice to see it in the open. I think Rajan, had the below framing in mind, more space in the direction the tiger is looking. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
19-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Wow, exactly what i had envisaged Mrudul . . . . . A picture post card setting . . . .

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Shyamala Kumar
19-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Your recent beautiful images depicting various flora and fauna of Corbett fills me with nostalgia and reminds me that another visit to this Eden is long over due. Lovely pose which reminds us that this predator is always on edge even though its body is at rest.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Mrudul's crop suggestion is as per the rule of thirds. Given my current state of filming, the composition that I would have preferred is less space at the bottom from the original post. Few new vegetation have come up in the clearing on the sides, so cropping that looks a bit incomplete. Also I would like more space in the direction the tiger is looking. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi