PDA

View Full Version : Hiii Everyone

Ashvary Jain
23-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Hiiii Everyone.

I am Ashvary Jain..

I m from Jabalpur[M.P.], at present studying in a school in class 12th..

My interest in wildlife and nature was born simultaneously with my interested in photography....

Well I want to devote myself for nature, by opting a career in it.........
Something like a nature photographer or a conservationist [or something related to it...]..But have very less knowledge about career options in it........
Thus I wonder if anyone here can share details about the career options in Forest and Wildlife,,......

Not sharing details of my photography gears, coz if everything goes in my favor, soon I will be upgrading :D....[also gear doesn't matters a lot]

With Regrads,
Ashvary

Bibhav Behera
23-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Ashvary,
Good to see your enthusiasm for conservation and photography at an early age... You will definitely learn a lot on this forum... Do follow the image critiques and topics in the forums. They help a lot...

Welcome to Indiawilds... :)

Sabyasachi Patra
23-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi Ashvary,

Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to hear that a young person like you is interested in nature and wildlife. I am sure you will learn a lot here.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi, welcome to Indiawilds.
As a career I guess you could try the entrance exam for Wildlife Institute OF India (WII) i.e. for an M.Sc. in wildlife sciences. There are also other institutions like TIFR (Tata institute of fundamental research) offering similar courses. Apart from these, there are a number of M.Sc. and Ph.D. courses related to wildlife and conservation... That's what I know about it.

Ashvary Jain
23-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi, welcome to Indiawilds.
As a career I guess you could try the entrance exam for Wildlife Institute OF India (WII) i.e. for an M.Sc. in wildlife sciences. There are also other institutions like TIFR (Tata institute of fundamental research) offering similar courses. Apart from these, there are a number of M.Sc. and Ph.D. courses related to wildlife and conservation... That's what I know about it.

But for M.Sc. of other PG courses one needs to get graduate,...
And I m in 12th at present..
Can U share some info about courses for getting graduate....

Rahul Parekh
23-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Ashwary,

Nice to know about your enthusiasm. You will get many information by google around. Best wishes in your studies and for your future career... :)

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Don't think there are any courses for a graduate degree in wildlife... at least not under Mumbai University where I study. Most of the PG courses for wildlife require a B.Sc. degree in any of the pure biological sciences i.e. botany, zoology or life sciences.
BNHS (Bombay natural history society) offers wildlife related certificate courses regardless of your edu. qualification at the time of taking the course. They also offer some M.Sc. and Ph.D. courses.

Siddhartha Gogoi
27-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Ashvary,

Why don't you take up an internship with a wildlife ngo and work full time for conservation issues till the time you graduate and once you're done with graduation you can apply for MSc in Wildlife Biology from WCS (Wildlife Conservation Society), Bangalore. Alternatively you can also try this, visit the link, http://wii.gov.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=194&Itemid=330

cheers,
Siddhartha