PDA

View Full Version : Corbett Landscape

Debasis Bose
22-01-2016, 01:23 AM
Nikon, Nikor 24-120 F4, shot @ 24mm F4, ISO 100, 1/1000s

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Paradise revisited in winter. I have taken bath in Ramganga (Feb 1973) before Project Tiger was launched here on 01 April 1973; because 'Tiger is a gentleman', we have read and played with Mahasheer all around but suddenly it also came to mind that 'Hungry python with open mouth may be lurking between submerged rocks' and hurriedly came up the bank, all courage vanished in a moment.
Thanks for sharing, SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
22-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Lovely landscape. What time was this photographed? Landscapes taken in early morning light or late evening light make the composition more pleasing and the colours look amazing.

Saktida, wow you have taken a bath in Ramganga, that would have been an amazing experience. Was it you alone, or that time people used to do that? Thanks for sharing your experience.

Debasis Bose
22-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Dear Mrudul Madame, This photograph was taken about 10 to 11 am.

Dear Saktida, Your write ups are so vivid that can imagine the experience of bathing in Ramganga with Mahaseer, walking through tiger infested jungle and sitting over kills to photograph tigers!!! I too had the opportunity to sit over a Leopard kill and walk in the forest where once Corbett pursued and killed the famous Kanda, Mohaan and Rudraprayag Maneaters, and did have bath in Alaknanda, Mandakini rivers. Yet not fortunate enough to bathe in Ramganga. Regards Debasis

Sabyasachi Patra
25-01-2016, 01:30 PM
I am so jealous. I have taken bath in rivers in many sanctuaries and National Parks but not in main Ramganga. :( However, I have lied down in the stream near Malani rest house in the core area of Corbett. The day before I had sighted the tiger there and since I couldn't find it, I knew that it is ok for the pretender to be in the stream.

People warned me not to bath in Similipal in the numerous streams, but the lure of fresh water is too much to ignore. I was told that there is brain malaria and I shouldn't be taking bath and it was peak winter. Well I was too young at that time:) In Sunabeda Wildlife sanctuary, I was dead tired walking and loved the fresh water. In south, it was nice to lie down in Chinar wildlife sanctuary after a long and arduous trek. In Satyamangalam, bathing was a necessity as we were in an anti-poaching camp. There the marsh crocodiles are not known to attack humans. These days the streams and rivers even in our sanctuaries are polluted and I don't feel like entering into water.