PDA

View Full Version : Tiger on the tree

Debasis Bose
24-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Corbett Tiger Reserve.
Was not ready for the shot, camera was inside the camera bag, as it was cold frosty morning, was trying to keep my hand warm. We were tracking fresh pug marks of paarwali tigress, I was talking to the naturalist and saying seems the tigress has just passed the spot, as the grass that was crushed below her pug marks were slowly springing back. While discussing all of sudden there was continuous chital call from behind. By the time we could reverse the gypsy and stabilize to take out my camera, the guide shouted tiger on the tree. I started looking up and then realized that the tiger was on the fallen tree, looking straight into our eyes. Cannot describe the moment, beyond words. Hurriedly took the camera out, switched on, focused and by the time pressed the shutter the tiger turned her face.
Nikon, Nikor 70-200 F 2.8, shot @ 86mm F5, ISO 6400, 1/320s

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-01-2016, 03:15 PM
The tigress may be inquisitive or in playful mood. Nice take. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Shyamala Kumar
24-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Interesting behaviour captured. Eye contact would have further enhanced the composition. As usual you have captured the breathtaking beauty of Corbett.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Nice to see this. Head turn this side would have been great. Most of the times during their adolescent days the tigers climb up trees. Later they become too heavy to do that. They climb on trees that have fallen to the ground or has a very slow slope. I guess in this image it might be checking something.

Also, while hunting langurs the tigers try to show that they are climbing up the trees to make the langurs nervous. I have seen langurs give alarm calls to tigers but in the presence of a few adolescent tigers they go into panic mode. Once this resulted in me thinking that the langurs have sighted a leopard. The adolescent cubs chase the langurs up the tree and it becomes difficult for them to jump from one branch to another because there are a few of these little devils chasing them from all sides.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
27-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Great to see this...not a common sight with a tiger.
TFS
roopak