PDA

View Full Version : Comb duck

Sabyasachi Patra
26-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Handholding at 560mm. Frame grab from Canon C300 Mark II cinema camera and resized in lightroom. There was a thick veil of fog in the early morning giving a soft feeling to the image.

Debasis Bose
26-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Lovely capture of male comb duck or knob billed duck. Where did you capture this image?

Roopak Gangadharan
27-01-2016, 08:47 AM
Nice to see this sir.... Im guessing Bharatpur. how are the sightings now?
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
27-01-2016, 08:32 PM
This was in Bharatpur. I had gone there to test a new cinema camera. Review is here: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?17231-Canon-C300-Mark-II-Review

There was heavy fog. I found a lot of painted storks, coots, teals and other ducks, darters, cormorants, grey herons, purple herons etc. To the uninitiated it would appear great. I couldn't sight a Saras nor could hear them. Saw a few marsh harriers. Notable was one black necked stork killing a duck but it was in heavy fog. I am missing the bharatpur of old. With every passing year my equipment becomes more and more impressive and the wilderness areas become more and more depressing.

Mrudul Godbole
28-01-2016, 02:57 PM
In spite of the fog and the low light the details and sharpness is good. The C300 Mark II has good low light performance. Thanks for sharing.