PDA

View Full Version : The Battle

Samrat Sarkar
17-02-2016, 08:27 AM
I always wanted to shoot the whole incident of territorial fight between two Black-tailed Godwit for last two years in proper way...at last I have managed to photograph the sequences in Manglajodi...here is one of the frame of the entire battle. The whole sequences with some observations will be uploaded in 'Natural history' section of IndiaWilds in next week...

Canon 7D + Canon 500mm f4 IS II USM + Monopod
ISO 800, 1/1600, f6.3, EC -0.7step, little cropped..

Roopak Gangadharan
17-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Nice. well timed and composed. i always felt the mid air pose in the matrix movie is inspired from some bird fight sequence...:)
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
18-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Nice behaviour captured. It would have been great if you had shifted a bit more to the right (if possible) that would have helped to get them more parallel to the sensor and enhanced the eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Agree with Roopak, the mid air fight poses are quite similar to Matrix and other recent movies :).

Samrat Sarkar
27-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Agree with Mrudul ji regarding cropping... please see the post on that battle with images in this link in Natural History section...

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?17321

Samrat

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2016, 07:41 PM
They are noisy and often fight with each other making for some interesting frames. The birds look slightly over sharpened. I have got bogged down in a project and haven't been able to go to Mangalajodi this year. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi