PDA

View Full Version : Wedged in Sunshine ; Yellow-throated bulbul, Hampi

Subhash Shrivastava
17-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/250, f/5.6, 184 mm, ISO-100. Cropped the sky from top and right. Basic PP in GIMP.
Clicked in Hampi on 20-Sep-15.

This was last day of my four days’ visit to Hampi, the trip was in the cusp of turning into a bad dream. Encroachments, news of rampant hunting combined with poor bird sightings, it had rained heavily, first time of the season.
I was to leave for Hyd on noon of 20th Sep, and decided to make a last ditch effort. I was on a hill with a Hampi-based Bird watcher at 6:30 AM. 7:30 AM and was surrounded with Y T bulbuls, W B bulbuls, Malkohas, Munias. It turned out to be one the most beautiful memories of my Bird watching :)

Mrudul Godbole
18-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Good that you thought of visiting that place one last time :). Nice perch, eye contact and catchlight. As per the rule of thirds, you can crop a bit from the bottom and that would enhance the composition further. Look forward to see more images from Hampi. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
25-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Dear Mrudul, thanks for viewing and sharing your feedback. Yeah I would be posting the images of Hampi, that is a main reason of my photography otherwise I still yearn for the times when I used to go to forests only for the sake of being with nature, with no strings attached :)
I tried to put the bird in the upper one third with more rock and less sky, I am not sure that was a good idea. Thanks again.

Roopak Gangadharan
25-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Nice to see this subhash. which malkoha species did u see there?
TFS
Roopak

Subhash Shrivastava
25-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Hi Roopak, there were Sirkeer malkohas. Got images of them feeding on lizards, one image of a male doing ' Display'. There was one blue faced Malkoha, but he refused to come out in open, could get shots of only his upper body .

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Nice sighting. I had been to Hampi a long time ago. Sad to hear that there is rampant poaching. Was the bird a bit dark in the original shot? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi