PDA

View Full Version : Hog Deer

Debasis Bose
20-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Hog deer falls under endangered category. Their population have experienced dramatic declines in the past few decades, and now survive only in isolated pockets of suitable habitat. Between 1991 and 2012, hog deer in southeast Asia declined by over 90%.

Male Hog Deer posing for the snap, in background the the remaining trunk of famous Motasal can be seen.

Nikon, Nikor 70-200 F2.8, Shot @ 175mm F8, ISO 200, 1/320s. Corbett Tiger Reserve

Mrudul Godbole
21-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Lovely environment composition. Nice sighting of this elusive species. It's good to know that they are still sighted in Corbett. As the deer is looking towards the left and the road is presently dividing the image in half so I feel slight less space on the right and more in the left would have strengthened the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
22-02-2016, 12:58 PM
What a beautiful backdrop. . . . The curvy road leading to the Motasal is pretty. Agree with Mrudul's observation on the composition. Correcting the slight tilt will also help further enhancing this beautiful composition

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-02-2016, 01:36 PM
This image of lone male Hog Deer is symbolic. I saw them here and there in Feb 1973 in Corbett and found much less in May 1988. Reservoir of Kalagarh Multipurpose Dam has taken away their favourite grassland.........As if it is looking for a partner which is difficult to find, at least of its own choice. Nice. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
04-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Pandit Nehru had said Dams are the temples of modern India. During my childhood days I used to believe that. That belief had lasted till my engineering days and a little bit more. Today we just see the destruction. Dams have silted and their carrying capacity vanished. The men brought to build the dams have remained and destroyed much more than what the dam did. Hopefully Kalagarh colony will be soon removed and the structures will be demolished after the expert committee gives their report.