PDA

View Full Version : Watering Hole- Jungle Babblers

Sanjeev Dhar
20-03-2016, 08:21 PM
With the heat rising in Pune, birds have started visiting my unique stone water point

Mrudul Godbole
21-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Nice that you have created a natural looking water hole for birds. Please do mention the equipment details and EXIF details to help in commenting. Thanks for sharing.

Sanjeev Dhar
21-03-2016, 06:47 PM
The eqpt Details- Nikon D 3100, Tamron 150-600mm, iso-400, f/6, exposure-1/500,

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Nice composition. Like the perch of the pair of Jungle Babblers in T formation. Like the eyes. Very happy that you have created a bit of natural setting. I also saw Jungle Babblers yesterday morning....my guardians giving alarm calls against intruders....Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
24-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Nice. like your idea of a bird bath...large pools on natural laterite hillocks support many endemic forms of life and also provide sustenance to a variety of other wild life. The pools and the hillocks themselves are disappearing at a pretty fast pace.
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
29-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Great natural setting you have created. Once while waiting for vultures at Ramanagar, I was looking at a small natural water pool/puddle with lots of tiny bugs and organisms. It is great that you are creating a nice micro-habitat.

It is said that in Mahabharata, Gandhari during her adolescent years had got a curse. She unknowingly threw boiled water and that killed the 100 eggs of an insect. This had made the insect curse Gandhari to witness the death of her sons the way the insect had to see the death of her own. If causing grief to other species gets someone a curse than I am sure causing good can also get you good karma brownie points. :)

A bit more green background would have been awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi