PDA

View Full Version : Paarwali - The Fulai Chaur Tigress

Debasis Bose
21-03-2016, 08:17 AM
It was cold frosty morning of 22nd Dec 2015, temperature was hovering around 0 deg C, dew drops can be seen frozen on the grass blades along the forest road. Amidst intermittent spotted deer alarm call, emerged the famous tigress "Paarwali" from the meadows of Fulai Chaur.

Nikon, Nikor 70-200 F2.8, shot @ 200 F5, ISO 1100, 1/320s, Corbett Tiger Reserve

Shyamala Kumar
21-03-2016, 09:19 AM
It is indeed commendable that you have been able to identify and photograph each tiger and tigress in his and her territory despite the adverse weather conditions.Lovely freeze(Pun intended:001_smile:)depicting the tigress in her habitat

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
21-03-2016, 10:11 AM
BEAUTIFUL image showing the habitat and inhabitant very well.

Mrudul Godbole
21-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Amazing landscape and sighting a tigress makes it even more better. Nice environmental composition. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Landscape, weather, morning light, the mood and colour of Himalaya foothill tigress.....all molten into one frame, a truly natural and wonderful image.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
23-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Lovely scene. Well composed. agree with Shaktida the frame combines an array of inspiring elements into one.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Nice image. The tiger's path and man's are at cross roads. :) How much of a crop is this? How did you focus for this shot? manual or auto focus? The reason for asking is the focus is ahead of the tiger and on the grass. The depth of field at f5 just appears to cover the tiger. The background looks typical corbett. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
24-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Thank you all for the lovely comments and wish all my friends of Indiawilds "HAPPY HOLI"

Dear Sabyasachi, I have kept the camera on aperture priority, with ISO adjusted to just be on "0" or +ve EV. Focus was on auto. One thing I need to learn before getting better shot is control over my excitement. When I am alone in the forest with family, the jungle sounds and alarm calls, turns me to a kid. The feeling cannot be explained in words. Today I am off to Kanha and Bandhavgarh for 15 nights. Will see you all after 9th April. Regards Debasis