PDA

View Full Version : Face off with the master Preyer

Prajwal J Ullal
21-03-2016, 10:29 AM
ID: Jumping spider

Spotted this beauty along the Nagla trail on a look out for prey, but inadvertently being the centre of attraction for the group of passerby Photographers.
The beauty kept on looking out astonishingly towards the lenses of the camera, probably with some amount of shock and fear, finally taking a sigh of relief when all moved forward...(just my interpretation)

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/18
Shutterspeed 1/200
ISO 400
Handheld, Inbuilt flash fired

Abhishek Jamalabad
24-03-2016, 12:44 PM
This image looks a little soft to me, not sure why. At f18 the lens should not drop sharpness, and the hairs on the head should be tack sharp. I'm guessing the focus is amiss by a millimetre or so.

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2016, 11:35 AM
It seems like it freezed. The eyes look nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2016, 12:23 PM
The focus is ahead. The left foreleg is in focus. So the head is not in critical focus. When you are at an angle with the subject slightly to the right, the plane of focus misses the closest leg ie the one on our left (its right leg). I find it tough to shoot macro stills. However, filming macro live subjects is way more tough, as I experienced in a recent documentary.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
21-04-2016, 12:50 PM
I too guess so, being slightly higher off the ground, getting a good support for framing has always been an issue.