PDA

View Full Version : Black Naped Hare

Shyamala Kumar
24-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Lepus nigricollis .While trekking in Masinagudi this hare suddenly ran out of a bush I just passed, and crossing my path, dived into some thick undergrowth ahead .I thought I had lost him and turned back.Chancing to look over my shoulders I saw him checking me out in his own very unusual way.Turning around I took a few quick shots while still walking towards him.Nikon7100+ 200-500 ISO 1600 F/6.3 1/2000s late evening.

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Morphological characters beautifully documented. Nice pose. Some other animals have the same habit of waiting to check till the intruder crosses its path. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Lovely sighting. You captured it nicely within the short time available. Liked the side profile composition. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
29-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Nice..like the pose and the low angle.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
29-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Nice one. It is nice that the hare is out in the open and clearly visible. Mostly the animals and birds prefer to keep track of danger. It is better to know where the predator (or potential predator) is. Else one can soon become prey.

So at times you find deers marching ahead as a group to ensure that the tiger or leopard has clearly gone away.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vipin Sharma
18-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Nice pose , being at the lowest in food chain hence they have to be alert from most of the predator big or small. A perfect pose of alert behaviour captured here. TFS.