PDA

View Full Version : Tiger

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
05-04-2016, 10:09 AM
CANON 60D, SIGMA 150-500 MM OS, SS. 1/640, ISO. 3200, F. 10. Full frame at Ranthambore N.P.

Mrudul Godbole
05-04-2016, 01:00 PM
I think there was a movement, so the image is not sharp. Wish there was some eye contact. Zooming out a bit more to include the legs in full would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
06-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Agree with Mrudul on the movement - maybe the jeep engine was running . . . . The light seems to have been low. The thrill of spotting a tiger so close and making a nice picture is always a memorable experience.

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
07-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Thank you very much for your suggestion.

No sir it was a canter and it was not moving but it was low light and I was in difficult position among a crazy crowed to see the tiger.I took this shot by leaning out my body from the canter.This shot was taken by manual focus and as the tiger was moving and the light was low I did not saw it through the view finder properly.In low light this lens(sigma 150-500) has bad auto focus performance.

Rajan Kanagasabai
08-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Oh, OK, that explains it. What I meant on 'Engine Running' was even on a stationery vehicle, when the engine is not switched off, the vibrations do not permit a sharp image even if you are on a strong tripod or a bean bag. It is always a good idea to ask the driver to turn off the engine when an animal is spotted.

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
13-04-2016, 10:22 AM
I agree with the previous suggestions. If the animal is moving in low light then you can also try panning while clicking.