PDA

View Full Version : Sirkeer malkoha displaying, Hampi

Subhash Shrivastava
05-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/400, f/6.5, 247 mm, ISO-100. Basic PP in GIMP.
Clicked in Hampi on 20-Sep-15.
I could get some images of Malkoha that day, preying on lizards, a few of them from close quarters. This image had the Malkoha in Display.

Shyamala Kumar
05-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Very rare capture.Lovely sighting .Would love to see more images of this beautiful bird.Thanks for sharing

Roopak Gangadharan
06-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Super. this one is true skulker. never seen one in display before...Subhash if u have more images pls post in the natural history section.
Rgds
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
06-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Rare sighting. Look forward to more from the series. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Blitzkrieg.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Subhash Shrivastava
12-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Dear Shyamala, Roopak., Mrudul and Saktida; Thanks for viewing and sharing your views. I should be posting more images, will try my best. I just returned from a trip to Easter Ghats (AP - Orissa border) and it has been one of my best birding trip till now. I had a glimpse of heaven in those dense jungles :)

Sabyasachi Patra
15-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Great to see this. I don't have shots of this beauty. Once in Chinar wildlife sanctuary I had sighted it in the open but by the time I took out my long lens, it was in deep shade. :) So love to see more of this bird. Is this cropped? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subhash Shrivastava
16-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Dear Sabya sir, the bird was a little far, i have cropped from left and bottom, may be 20%, to bring it forward. Yes, I have some good images for close, will post them. Luckily 3 weeks ago, in a village in Bidar I got to see it again, very close sitting pretty in a branch clear of foliage, I and my kid were mesmerized and delayed taking out the camera. Thanks for the feedback.