PDA

View Full Version : Encounter with Kanha tigress

Debasis Bose
11-04-2016, 11:20 PM
It rained cats and dogs whole night in Kanha, morning was crisp, and forest was colorfully fresh in the morning dappling light through the dense sal growth with no dust in the air. The air was heavy with the intoxicating aroma of an Indian Sal forest, the scent of Sal flowers and leaves, the pure, clean smell of a forest older than time itself. We decided to drive leisurely to soak in the beauty the forest had to offer. All of a sudden, spotted something lying on the center of the forest road…. 200 yards ahead of us. The gypsy driver stopped and switched off the ignition. All of us looked at each other in anticipation; I grabbed the binoculars and saw it was ………..OMG a tiger...... our heart skipped a beat. This is what I saw through my lens, image 1 - Nikon, Nikor 24-120 F4, Shot @ 24 F 7.1, ISO 200, 1/200s

Saktipada Panigrahi
12-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Kanha is also known for its Sal trees. The Tigress is enjoying the 'cool' of the soil after the rains during earlier night. Nice take. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
12-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Nice environmental composition. It is so nicely camouflaged in the shadows. Agree with Saktida, nice to see it having a peaceful nap. I hope it rains soon in Bangalore, it is so hot here :(. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-04-2016, 10:35 AM
It is positioned in the shadows and since the sunlight is not falling on the sleeping beauty it is not easy to detect. The foliage looks good after the rains. The tourist gypsys raise lot of dust and most of the leaves are covered with dust. When the rain washes away the dust the colours come out nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi