PDA

View Full Version : Painted Sandgrouse - male, Hampi

Subhash Shrivastava
22-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/160, f/6.3, 221 mm, ISO-200. Basic PP in GIMP. Full Frame
Clicked in Hampi on 19-Sep-15.
This was my first redemption sighting during my Hampi trip. I was cured of the lurking bad luck with this beautiful bird.

Shyamala Kumar
23-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Nice capture.Glad you were able to sight this elusive bird.Did you manage to capture the female too?Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
25-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Good colours and details. Wish the stone in the foreground was not present. Maybe you could have tried raising the camera to include less space at the bottom (less of the stone) and more space at the top. That would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-04-2016, 04:42 PM
I am fine with the stone but wish you had got a shot without the branch. The angled branch kind of cuts the tail portion and is distracting. For some reason this bird seems to given an impression of a fat rooster. :) The head and eye markings are clear. For a moment I thought you had gone to Hampi in this heat. :) Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subhash Shrivastava
28-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Hi Shyamala, Mrudul and Sabyasachi, Thanks for viewing and sharing your feedback. The bird was crouched behind the stones and twigs and it remained so till it decided to move away. Though I got some frontal images with full garland but there were twigs also.
Sabya sir, you have given me a nice idea, I may plan to visit Hampi in peak summer next time :)