PDA

View Full Version : Limacodid Caterpillar ?

Sagar Patil
25-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Also called sometimes as SLUG MOTH :rolleyes:

I had almost touched :eek: its stings while taking shot of another species. Don't know whether their stings are toxic or not.

1/40 | F 2.7 | ISO 125

I would carry a tripod next time, but I have 2 ft min height tripod, can't use for macro of such species on bushes and small plants.

Bibhav Behera
25-08-2009, 08:11 PM
1/40 has caused shake... When shooting green in green, try to look for lighting which would make it stand out from the background. Increasing the contrast might help in some cases...

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Agree about the shake...
I've seen this one many times, don't know which sps. it is. The spines may be poisonous I think... anyway don't try to find out. :D

Mrudul Godbole
26-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Nice composition. I think the focus is on the top of the leaf. The details on the body are good. The water droplets give the feel of the monsoon season.

Keep posting...

Abhishek Jamalabad
27-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Sagar,
When shutter speed is v. low in macro when in Av mode, what I usually do is go into Manual Mode, adjust the amount of flash output, set the aperture to f8 ( the highest in my camera) and then increase the shutter speed to a fast enough value.
The camera re-adjusts the shutter speed to the fastest value within the flash sync range (i.e. if you go higher than that value). That way I get a shutter speed of about 1/400 at least. That seems to be the fastest flash sync shutter speed in my camera... (it should be mentioned in the handbook, but I couldn't find it...)
If the image turns out too dark, I increase the flash output or increase the ISO.
Try this and let me know whether it is helpful.

Jitendra Katre
05-09-2009, 10:26 AM
good one ! simply doubling the iso might have avoided the shake.which make of camera ?