PDA

View Full Version : Rice bug

Arun Acharjee
29-04-2016, 10:25 AM
These are the true bugs(Sc. name: Leptocorisa acuta). I found it just beside the Boisa Bill in our village. This is a very common insect here and found mostly in paddy fields and around. They are considered to be serious pests of paddy. Yet the beauty of a creation can not be denied. Their green formation or sometime yellowish brown color helps them well to camouflage. Wish you enjoy the beauty.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm macro f/2.8
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 1/400
Handheld, Edited, Cropped, Ring flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
29-04-2016, 01:40 PM
The composition looks good. Liked the different shades of green. I would have liked to use a higher ISO for a narrower aperture to get slightly more depth of field. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Nice. Would like to see a higher DoF image as well, to see what the bug looks like. Beautiful greens.

Arun Acharjee
30-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Nice. Would like to see a higher DoF image as well, to see what the bug looks like. Beautiful greens.

Thanks Abhishek da for your complements. The depth of field of the image is really very shallow. I choose this pic for your forum because of the different green sheds as you and Mrudul ji said before. Without blurring the maximum part of the bug it seems not possible and I tried to focus on its eyes for a better communication with the insect. Of course, this technique ultimately makes the subject hard to identify. On the very day I took some other pictures though none of them have enough depth of field that should let a viewer understand the species perfectly. I am submitting one of them. Wish you like it.:001_smile:

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2016, 04:51 PM
I liked the repost better. Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
06-05-2016, 06:14 PM
I liked the repost better. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you madam.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2016, 04:37 PM
In the first post the focus was not exactly on the bug. In macro situations it is difficult to judge focus, especially when you are using a short macro lens. Good to see the full image of the bug. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi