PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Hunter

Arun Acharjee
30-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Jumping spiders are my favorite ones. It is because of their bold furry appearance, style of movement, striking hunting behavior and so on. Many times I, more correctly my camera or lens got attacked by them while shooting the beauty. All of them, as I know, are harmless for human beings. They also attacked or make bite us rarely and in most case by wrong judgement. However, there is nothing to be worried about(as far I know). Another interesting thing is that they don't make webs for hunting- in this particular case they depends on their amazing jumping technique. They make webs to rest or to lay eggs when time calls. This image is taken just few hours ago and I am preparing it to share with you. Wish you enjoy the beauty.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm f2.8 macro
ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/400
Aperture: f/10
Handheld, Edited, Cropped, Ring-flash fired

Thank you.

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Very pretty. These guys make the most interesting macro subjects. Jumping spiders do use silk threads to secure themselves before each jump - like a mountaineer securing harnesses at every stage.

Arun Acharjee
30-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Very pretty. These guys make the most interesting macro subjects. Jumping spiders do use silk threads to secure themselves before each jump - like a mountaineer securing harnesses at every stage.

Yes Abhishek da. It is another characteristic feature of the species. Really they are amazing. Thank you for your words.

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Nice composition. The eyes have come out well. The light on the head helps. Slight noise due to the crop. Thanks for sharing the detailed information about them. Look forward to more.

Arun Acharjee
06-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Nice composition. The eyes have come out well. The light on the head helps. Slight noise due to the crop. Thanks for sharing the detailed information about them. Look forward to more.

Thank you Mrudul ji.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2016, 04:38 PM
I like this image. The eyes look good. Look forward to many more.

Arun Acharjee
06-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I like this image. The eyes look good. Look forward to many more.

Thanks dada.