PDA

View Full Version : Blue-banded Bee

Arun Acharjee
02-05-2016, 07:57 PM
The bright vivacious beauty of a blue-banded bee(Amegilla sp.) is quite hard to ignore. I tried a lot to capture them but their fickleness defeated me again and again. I found them mostly on little flowers- moving from one to another with a great rapidness. This image is of a female. Their sex can be understood by counting the blue rings on their abdomen- the males have five while the females have four. Wish you enjoy the naughty beauty.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm f/2.8 macro
ISO: 250
Aperture: f/13
Shutter Speed: 1/250
Handheld, Edited, Cropped, Ring-flash fired

Thank you.

Dheerendra Singh
02-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Nice details.. beautiful composition. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Liked the colours. Very striking blue and white bands. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
06-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Nice details.. beautiful composition. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

Arun Acharjee
06-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Liked the colours. Very striking blue and white bands. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2016, 04:41 PM
The bees can bend a lot and one can see from this image why it helps. The image can be slightly brighter. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Arun Acharjee
06-06-2016, 07:46 PM
The bees can bend a lot and one can see from this image why it helps. The image can be slightly brighter. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thanks Sabyasachi da for your advice. Actually, I am trying to accustom with my ring flash which is full manual. I have to take shots in manual mode where the exposure meter shows something and the image becomes another. A few shots I have lost because of high exposure too. Need some time to fix this.