PDA

View Full Version : The Poser

Neeraj Prasad
15-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Took this one at Bandhavgarh on 19th March this year , I am told that he Kankati's son from Mahaman male. Now this one is a big poser. Extremely skittish ! , Yawned , sprayed, scratched trees before finally moving into the dense thicket.
Kind of followed us around during our 4 day safari as we always ended up seeing him at least once a day.. has a beautiful coat, is still young but one cant tell that he'll grow huge. Killed a cow the following evening and sat pretty in an open water body. Quite a treat to watch ! Here is just being frivolous .....

at - 400mm
Shutter - 1/640
Fstop - 5.6
ISO - 800
5D-III , 100-400 IS II

Debasis Bose
16-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Lovely sighting nicely captured. Where did you have this sighting - Magdhi or Khitauli

Neeraj Prasad
16-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Thanks Debasis. This was in Magdhi. There have other shots as well, but what I liked about this one was this peculiar behavior, he almost got stuck in between... Other thing which comes to mind is that I should have composed a portrait as well.. which I am missing now..:crying:

Roopak Gangadharan
18-05-2016, 11:30 AM
nice. seems very intent to mark out his territory.
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
18-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Young fellow. Scent marking the territory. Initially it was believed that the scent spray was a mixture of urine and anal fluid. However, these days the view is that it is not anal fluid. Some info about this can be found from an interview of Prof. Ratan Lal Bramhachari from the IndiaWilds Newsletter Vol. 7 Issue I http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/indiawilds-newsletter-vol-7-issue-i/

Neeraj Prasad
18-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Great info dada !