PDA

View Full Version : Meditating

Neeraj Prasad
15-05-2016, 04:17 PM
There were about 8 to 10 vehicles in front of him trying to capture his every move, cameras sounding like machine guns in burst mode, excitement , chatter , people jostling for space to get an angle .. guess he was the only one completely unperturbed and relaxed after a stomach full of a fully grown cow, settling himself for a much deserved spa in a man made water body ..tadoba i guess. In the frame below he was almost meditating or so it seems :) sat there for good 15 min before moving back to guard his food I assume.. Mahaman male's son from Kankati for you all !

@ 400mm, f5.6, 1/2000, ISO400 - 5D III - 100-400 IS II.

Debasis Bose
16-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Lovely capture of Somanshu...as some of the tiger experts of Bandhavgarh call him

Mrudul Godbole
16-05-2016, 05:33 PM
It seems the tigers have got used to the constant movement of gypsy's and people around them :(. I would have liked a bit more space a more rectangular framing to show more of the habitat. Thanks for sharing.

Neeraj Prasad
16-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks Debasis ! I am glad that you liked it . "Somanshu" , sounds like the kid next door .;)

Hi Mrudul,
Thanks for looking in :) .
The reason why I opted for a tight framing was the waterhole that he was sitting in. It's an artificial man made water hole taking away it's natural appeal. Personally, even I would have liked to give it some more space had it not been the case :) Though I do have some wide angle shots as well . He was sitting for 15 min, enough to experiment landscapes and portraits. Many thanks for your inputs !

Sabyasachi Patra
18-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately the cemented waterholes are a big kill joy. That is why I am not at all keen to visit some of these national parks where sighting is easy but in cement bath tubs. Gives the feeling of zoo. In such situations just mug shots of head may be a better option. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi