PDA

View Full Version : The New Year's Jackal!

Aditya Panda
14-01-2009, 06:18 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_bv7C3YDS98A/SW3mgvlDLZI/AAAAAAAAEAY/wP0i_Y1Dnv4/s720/1.jpg

My first photograph on January 1, in the Chandaka-Dampada Wildlife Sanctuary

PENTAX K 10D
PENTAX SMC-P DA* F4 300mm ED(IF) SDM
Tv: 1/200, Av: f/5.6, ISO 100 @ 300mm
Exposure: Av mode, Multi-segment Metering, flash not fired.

Cheers,
Aditya

Aditya Panda
14-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Sorry to those who saw a blank post here earlier. Took a while sorting some issues uploading this image.

Cheers!

Sabyasachi Patra
17-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Aditya,

The dirt track leads the eye into the image. Good to hear that there are some carnivores in Chandaka. Good way to start the new year with a carnivore.

Uploading issues:
The thumbnails of images that are linked to other sites don't show up. I am trying to find out what can be done about it. At present the images uploaded directly from your PC displays the thumbnails.

Aditya Panda
17-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Aditya,

The dirt track leads the eye into the image. Good to hear that there are some carnivores in Chandaka. Good way to start the new year with a carnivore.

Uploading issues:
The thumbnails of images that are linked to other sites don't show up. I am trying to find out what can be done about it. At present the images uploaded directly from your PC displays the thumbnails.

Thanks. Yeah, jackals and hyenas are perhaps the top predators in Chandaka, though sometimes there are unconfirmed reports of leopards and wolves. I got the thumbnail issue sorted out with 'Fowl Play' by uploading directly from my PC.

Cheers!