PDA

View Full Version : Bandhavgarh Diary - another one.

Neeraj Prasad
20-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Hi !

This one was take from a very far distance ..The landscape was picturesque and we kept waiting for this beautiful tigress for good 30 min and more and she eventually decided to walk down the valley to cool off near a small pond. Good that we were positioned on the higher ground and were able to spot her tail wagging in the afternoon heat.. she was worth the wait . kept waiting further as wanted to capture her drinking from the pond, but had to go back as we had approached the park closing time. To my luck though, as our jeeps turned she moved swiftly towards the pond to quench her thirst. I was in no position to take a shot, with jeeps and canters blocking my way . . just managed to give myself a stiff neck in excitement...

Slight cropping done . . . She was moving towards the negative space of my frame, just as when i thought of recomposing, she looked into my camera ...and my 6 FPS went overclocking ...
@ 400 mm, f/5.6 , iso 500, 1/1250

Mrudul Godbole
20-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Nice display of the habitat. Which part of Bandhavgarh is this? We had a similar experience in Bandhavgarh, when the guide heard the crushing sound of bones in the grassland. We waited patiently for an hour while other gypsy's came and went. After finishing her meal, the tigress came out and swam into the pond and then walked on the bandh wall and sat there for 2 hours. It was amazing :).

Using manual focusing would have been better here, as the AF point I think has locked on the grass. Thanks for sharing.

Neeraj Prasad
20-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience Mrudul, I can relate to the feeling !. It would be great if you could share the image as well. This is again in Magdhi, it is near water pump area. For some reason the photograph is not appearing the way it should, it looks desaturated... all the other post done by me previously are appearing the way they should.. :confused:

Sabyasachi Patra
20-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Did you upload a large image? If so the forum software has resized it to 1023x710 pixels and 299kb. The quality gets reduced when the software automatically resizes the large images.