PDA

View Full Version : The Leaf Eater 2

Arun Acharjee
10-06-2016, 08:24 PM
The red pumpkin beetle is known as common pest to the farms. Generally they cut the leaves in such round pattern which I try to document here. There was a good number of this instance.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm f/2.8 macro
ISO: 200
Aperture: f/10
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Handheld, Edited, Cropped, Ring-flash fired

Thank you.

Mrudul Godbole
13-06-2016, 03:56 PM
I liked the composition. The eye of the beetle visible through the hole adds to the composition. You could have tried using a further narrower aperture to get more details. How much crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
13-06-2016, 06:52 PM
I liked the composition. The eye of the beetle visible through the hole adds to the composition. You could have tried using a further narrower aperture to get more details. How much crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Mrudul ji. This image is cropped about 10% (just an assumption. I would be thankful if anyone suggest me how to get the crop percentage.)

Mrudul Godbole
14-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Thank you Mrudul ji. This image is cropped about 10% (just an assumption. I would be thankful if anyone suggest me how to get the crop percentage.)

Arun, you can check the below post, where Sabyasachi has explained how to accurately calculate the crop percentage. Hope that helps.

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?16664-Kanha-Times-Jun-2015&highlight=calculate+crop

Arun Acharjee
14-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Thank you Mrudul ji for this link. Thank you Sabyasachi da too. I re-cropped the original image by marking some dust particles on the leaf almost to the identical as posted and I got 21.3% is cropped.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-06-2016, 03:47 PM
This image gives us a good idea about this pest. The camera was more or less parallel to the leaf except for the bottom right corner. The beetle being slightly below the leaf results in slightly beyond the critical focus. So a further narrow aperture would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi