PDA

View Full Version : Pride on its own beauty

Surajit Bhadra Roy
11-06-2016, 07:26 PM
This is the Green Lynx Spider (Peucetia viridans), belong to Oxyopidae family. This magnificent hunter camouflage on the green leaves and catches the arthropods. I found this spider in Kanchrapara. It build its nest on the dry twigs or even in the green foliage. There it lays almost 100 -150 eggs. The female spider take care of its babies until the hatchlings get self dependent.

Coolpix P510
F/3.4
1/180 sec
ISO - 100
Focal length 8 mm

Mrudul Godbole
13-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Nice you sighted it on the red flowers, that is providing a good contrast. Wish the dark red leaves in the background were not present, as they are a bit distracting :(. I think a vertical composition would have also worked here, that might have helped to avoid the leaves in the background. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-06-2016, 03:57 PM
It is not easy to spot this spider due to its excellent camouflage. The image has come out well. Did you use the macro mode in your camera? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Surajit Bhadra Roy
17-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Yes sir, I used macro mode in my camera.

Abhishek Jamalabad
17-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Wow. This has got to be one of the best shots of Peucetia viridans ​that I have seen. Agree a vertical might look good too. The saturation looks a little too high on my monitor... if that is so, you could pull it back a little.