PDA

View Full Version : Chinkara, The Graceful Agility - Mayureswar Wildlife Sanctuary, Pune

Subhash Shrivastava
13-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/200, f/5.6, 133 mm, ISO-200. Basic PP in GIMP.
Clicked in Mayureswar Wildlife Sanctuary, Pune dist. on 13-Feb-16.

Was compelled to be in Pune for 2 weeks due to client visit. But no regrets at the end. Visited this beautiful but very small sanctuary and saw the magnificent Chinkaras. Also saw steppe eagles but from far and a lone fox at noon.

Mrudul Godbole
14-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Beautiful composition. I liked the side lighting and the catch light on the eye. The low angle adds to the composition. Nice view of the trees and the mountain range in the background. Nicely captured. Where in Pune is this located? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Dear Subhash,
I like this image. Also I would love to see a wide angle shot of this place. Please post some more details about this place and your sightings etc in the wilderness updates. We tend to ignore these small places. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Lovely image in its habitat. Truly elegant. I always try to observe its ringed horns as compared to spiral horns of male Blackbuck. Chinkara is the only Indian antelope whose female also carry (short) horns. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Subhash Shrivastava
18-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Dear Mrudul, Sabya sir and Sakti da, Thanks for viewing and your applications. This is the elixir that drives me on.
The place is about 90 Kms. from Hinjewadi and is a small one. It can be covered in half a day. There are good numbers of Chinkaras there. I followed the Google map to reach there. I got to know about it from the following website.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayureshwar_Wildlife_Sanctuary

Sabya sir, I will post a wide angle in Landscape section. Thanks.
Sakti da, I got richer by one more learning, I may never have noticed it. Thanks.