PDA

View Full Version : Queen Mother

Debasis Bose
14-06-2016, 08:41 AM
While having lunch at Bagheera Log Huts, one of the tourist excitedly informed that they missed a tigress and her four cubs by a minute or so, in Kanha zone between the two water bodies. As per them, one of the gypsy saw the tigers drinking water and then melting into the bamboo growth. The tourist also informed that on their way back they met forest beat guards, who informed them that the tigress had made a kill nearby.
Our afternoon safari was scheduled for Kanha zone. As soon as we passed the check post and entered into the park, instructed the driver and guide to straight head for the spot from the shortest route, had an uncanny instinct that we may run into the tigress and her cubs on the road. It was a long drive of about 35 minutes before we could reach the spot, while we were about 100 m or more, we saw something on the road. On looking through the binocular, missed my heart beat, there she was on the center of the forest road with her cubs lying about 10 m away from her.

Nikon, Nikor 600 mm F 4, Shot @ 600 mm F 8, ISO 800, 1/400s. Kanha National Park

Mrudul Godbole
14-06-2016, 11:52 AM
I understand how you would have felt to see a tigress resting in the middle of the road with cubs, a truly amazing feeling :). She seems to be very young. Lovely pose and good details. If this is a slight crop, I would have liked a bit more space on the top and some more on the right to include her paw. Could you also photograph the cubs? Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Good health and lovely coat are prime attraction for me. Queen in fine but why queen mother! Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild