PDA

View Full Version : Common Babbler - an uncommon bird to West Bengal

Sandipan Ghosh
17-06-2016, 10:29 PM
The distribution of Common Babbler is not included in the region of West Bengal. This bird is not well popular to us at all. It can be recognized as a sudden guest but residential. Since 2015 our birding team has found 5 to 6 flocks of Common Babbler in the right bank of Damodar River, near Barddhaman, West Bengal. We have found their nest also. Another team found it in the aerodrome of Andal, near Durgapur. I think that it is 1st record for this region as well as southern West Bengal. I am happy to share with you.
Clicked on June, 2016 in bank of Damodar River, Barddhaman, West Bengal
Canon 600D, Canon 300 mm f4, 1/400s, iso 400, f/7.1, partial metering

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Nice image. Agile look. Colours have come out well.
Sandipan Bhai,
During 1987-95 when I used to visit Durgapur almost every week, I could see both the Common and Jungle Babbler on ground each time. Sal trees were common in every compound. I do not know the present status in Durgapur. In Salt Lake, Kolkata - I have seen only Jungle Babblers.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sandipan Ghosh
19-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Nice image. Agile look. Colours have come out well.
Sandipan Bhai,
During 1987-95 when I used to visit Durgapur almost every week, I could see both the Common and Jungle Babbler on ground each time. Sal trees were common in every compound. I do not know the present status in Durgapur. In Salt Lake, Kolkata - I have seen only Jungle Babblers.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Thanks for the comments Sir.....
Few of our friends found few common babbler in the Durgapur region and Bankura region.

Mrudul Godbole
20-06-2016, 06:43 PM
The profile image looks nice. Just a slight head turn in your direction would have enhanced the eye contact further. The composition looks fine. Thanks for sharing.

Sandipan Ghosh
20-06-2016, 09:57 PM
The profile image looks nice. Just a slight head turn in your direction would have enhanced the eye contact further. The composition looks fine. Thanks for sharing.

Thank your very much !