PDA

View Full Version : Northern Shoveler male

Sandipan Ghosh
18-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Northern Shoveler breeds in the northern areas of Europe and Asia and across most of North America.
Clicked on March, 2016.....in Tilpara Barrage, Birbhum, West Bengal
Canon 600D, 250 mm, f/7/1, 1/640s, ISO 400

Mrudul Godbole
20-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Very colourful species. I think it was a bit far, so the details are less. Usually they swim quite far from the banks so that makes it difficult to photograph :(. Maybe you could have gone for a slightly wider composition to include more of the surroundings. Were they in good numbers? Thanks for sharing.

Sandipan Ghosh
20-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Very colourful species. I think it was a bit far, so the details are less. Usually they swim quite far from the banks so that makes it difficult to photograph :(. Maybe you could have gone for a slightly wider composition to include more of the surroundings. Were they in good numbers? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment madam...
I only saw a pair of Shoveler in that region.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-06-2016, 07:08 PM
I am not aware about the location. However, if there is less disturbance by people and if there is a place to hide behind a bush then you can get a close shot with your existing 250mm. At times getting into abandoned boat etc and waiting for hours helps a lot. :) Anything you do, always be careful about life and limb.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sandipan Ghosh
26-06-2016, 10:41 PM
I am not aware about the location. However, if there is less disturbance by people and if there is a place to hide behind a bush then you can get a close shot with your existing 250mm. At times getting into abandoned boat etc and waiting for hours helps a lot. :) Anything you do, always be careful about life and limb.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

I shall try to get close shots in next year. This shot was taken from boat. Thanks for your valuable comment.