PDA

View Full Version : The Monsoon beauty

Prajwal J Ullal
20-06-2016, 09:31 PM
ID: Forest Spider Lily

Had been noticing a particular patch, between Kajupada and Gaimukh area, along the Ghodbunder road, where loads of Flowers seemed to be blooming. Since I was spotting them through bus, while traveling, it was difficult to id them and also very difficult to frame them thru mobile camera. SO finally this weekend reached the place and captured the beauty.
It turned out to be (after help from Adesh Shivkar, an expert) Pancratium lily or Forest Spider Lily and supposedly blooms immediately after the first rains.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/8
Shutterspeed 1/125
ISO 400
Handheld, Inbuilt flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
21-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Nice to know after the sweltering heat, the first showers of monsoon are helping lot of flowers to bloom in Mumbai :). This was at the road side? I feel placing them a bit more to the right would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
21-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Yeah, this particular one was right next to the road, one of the reason why I couldnt spend much time framing them, something I regretted after seeing the frames on Laptop screen. The location aided me in easy access but the heavy truck's traffic made me get off the spot ASAP