PDA

View Full Version : Indian Gaur

Ganesh Kumar D
29-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Hi All

This gaur photograph in between masinagudi to theppakadu in low light condition.

Camera : Nikon D3200 with tamron 70-300 VC

1/30 sec; f/5.6; ISO 400

Exposure compensation +2

Looking forward to hear from all the members what i need to improve.

Thanks and Regards.,
Ganesh Kumar

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Ganesh,
How did you process your image? Looks like you have done a lot of noise reduction so the details have vanished. In wildlife detail is more important and needs to be preserved.

You need to be careful while clicking a gaur as the dark coat and the white nose and white stockings pose challenges for the dynamic range of the camera. In your image the white in the nose and the horn has got overexposed and lost details. You should check this tutorial: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?2006-Understanding-Histogram-amp-using-it-for-Correct-Exposure

The light was low. However you were using a lens with VR (Vibration Reduction). Was your vehicle engine running when you clicked this image? Did you click a vertical composition?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ganesh Kumar D
29-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Sabyasachi sir

Yes i have reduced the noise in lightroom, i will read the tutorial and follow the same in upcoming trips.

Me and my friend is on the bike while clicked this image and we are some distance away from this gaur don't know the exact distance just clicked one image and moved from the place as we are on the bike we don't want to risk us and the gaur.

Thanks and Regards,
Ganesh Kumar

Mrudul Godbole
30-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Nice sighting. Agree about the details. The shutter speed was quite less and as you said you were on a bike, an higher shutter speed would have helped. If you are clicking hand held in a moving vehicle (or a bike with engine on) it is best to keep the shutter speed atleast 1/100. You could have increased the ISO to 500 or 600 to get that. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Nice to see the Gaur standing tall in the forest with philosophic eyes.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild