PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Pit Viper | Habitat

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Bamboo pit viper Trimeresurus gramineus in its typical habitat. Upper Kanheri Trail, SGNP, Mumbai.
These snakes are most often found resting on low bushes and shrubs (this one was approximately at waist-height). After dark, they tend to move about more, and may be seen crossing the ground.

This is not the ideal frame I wanted, and I found it particularly hard to make an appealing image. The background highlights made it difficult to expose the scene correctly, and I did not want to use a fill flash as that tends to produce unnatural colours.
PLEASE NOTE that this image is heavily edited. I have had to open the shadows a lot, and some selective brightening of the slightly underexposed areas has been done. A significant portion of the sky has been cropped out.

Canon 500D, Canon 18-55mm IS
SS 1/50
Av 7.1
ISO 400
Hand-held, burst mode
Cropped and edited in Lightroom

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Well composed image. Full length view in natural setting is liked by me. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
07-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Wow so nicely camouflaged, can be very difficult to spot. I saw this image later, so it has answered my question in the next post :). Thanks for sharing.