PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Dove – Of Rubies, Agate and Emeralds - Maredumilli

Subhash Shrivastava
09-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/160, f/6.3, 227 mm, ISO-800. Cropped and Basic PP in GIMP.
Clicked in Maredumilli on 8th April, 2016.

Maredumill, one of the highest points on the Eastern Ghats on AP-Chhatisgarh-Orissa border.
Although I could not sight any wild animals, except Giant Squirrel, during the three days, it turned out to be the best birding trip ever.

Malabar trogon, White-rumped shama, Black Capped Monarch, Indian nuthatch, Indian black-lored tit, Isabelline Shrike, Hill Myna, Emerald Dove, Scarlet Minivet, Rosy Minivet, Brown-capped pygmy woodpecker, Jungle Myna, Barred jungle owlet ……..

A dreamy place, etched in memory like a painting by Gauguin

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2016, 09:27 PM
This is a very colourful species. Great to hear about your trip. Look forward to details in the wilderness updates section.

Very glad to hear about Paul Gauguin. Most of the modern day photographers hardly know or study the art of past masters. From his many paintings, I would like to draw attention to one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gauguin#/media/File:Paul_Gauguin_089.jpg Amon other things one should note how Gauguin has used the shape of the branches to draw our attention. Also note how he has drawn the curved tree on the extreme left to fill up the negative space. Often while clicking birds one find arched branches or vines. Study of works of such past masters often help.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sandipan Ghosh
09-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Wonderful photograph.... beautiful and elusive bird

Joydip Mukherjee
09-08-2016, 11:49 PM
excellent shot ..... TFS

Mrudul Godbole
10-08-2016, 01:55 PM
A colourful bird. The head turn and the catchlight has enhanced the eye contact. Look forward to see the other interesting species photographed in the trip. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
12-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Nice image and lovely colours.
'Colour! What a deep and mysterious language, the language of dreams.'
- Paul Gauguin.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Samrat Sarkar
12-08-2016, 10:28 PM
you are doing very well...I am really glad to know about new places in AP for wildlife...I'll love to read your trip report about those less known places in AP.

samrat

Subhash Shrivastava
15-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Hi Sabya, Sandipan, Joydip, Mrudul, Sakti da , Samrat;
Thanks for viewing and sharing your views. Yes, I should be writing, for my own sake; tomorrow when I read I relive.

Sabya sir, Sakti da;
Thanks for telling us about Paul Gauguin, it’s a rare thing, like rare wine, I am truly delighted. I went to Gauguin through ‘Charles Strickland’ during college days.

Sabya sir, I am amazed at the new perspective you brought to us. Today, I revisited some paintings by Gauguin and Gogh with this new perspective and I landed in a wonderland.

John Gryphon
16-08-2016, 04:26 AM
Lovely capture.