PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bearded Bee eater

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
19-08-2016, 07:27 AM
This is a resident bird ,mainly found in Himalayan foothills,NE and E India,Wester ghats,Hills of West Tamil Nadu and also in Bangladesh.Size is about 31-34cm.This species is found in openings in patches of dense forest. The blue feathers of its throat are elongated and often held fluffed up giving it the name. They are not as gregarious or active as the smaller bee-eaters, and their square ended tail lacks the typical "wires" made up of the shafts of the longer central tail feathers in many species.

Canon 7D+Tamron 150-600mm
1/320
f/6.3
ISO 800
600mm
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
19-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Beautiful bird with vibrant shades of green. I had photographed a pair from the window of my resort in Kaziranga. Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing the details. Look forward to more.

Sandipan Ghosh
19-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Great shot of a elusive bird of Himalayas.....

Joydip Mukherjee
22-08-2016, 11:02 AM
excellent shot ... nice details

Sabyasachi Patra
24-08-2016, 12:09 PM
I would have liked more space at the bottom for a vertical composition. At the moment the image is nearly square. The tail appears to be hidden behind vegetation. Nevertheless leaving space at the bottom for the virtual tail would have allowed us to imagine that there is the tail behind the vegetation. I think less crop would have been better as it focuses our attention on the bird and we find less details on the head. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
31-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I agree with your view.This was originally a horizontal frame,where i couldnt capture much of the bottom part as this was also a handheld shot taken through the branches.Moreover I am not very comfortable and stable in taking vertical shots when shooting handheld.Thanks for your view