PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Bandipur

Ulhas Kalyanpur
12-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Did a quick & short trip to Bandipur last week. Got a good sighting of this guy. There was good light. Should have reduced the ISO to 200.

Place: Bandipur
Gear: Nikon D7200 with Nikkor 200-500 f/5.6 VR
Exif details: AV Mode, f/5.6, 1/1600 sec, ISO 500 shot at 380 mm.

Comments & Critics are welcome :)

Mrudul Godbole
13-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Nice relaxed pose. Does it have something in its mouth? you can upload bigger image upto 1000 pixels on the longest edge for better viewing and commenting. Agree about the lower ISO. Thanks for sharing.

Ulhas Kalyanpur
13-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Mrudulji, There was nothing in his mouth. He has a split/torn tongue edge since a few years. Not sure how it happened. One of his lower canines is also half broken. Because of these 2 reasons it looks like he has something in his mouth or it looks a bit out of place.

Debasis Bose
14-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Lovely sighting,beautifully captured.

Ulhas Kalyanpur
15-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Lovely sighting,beautifully captured.

Thank you Debasisji.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Nice sighting. You have uploaded a low resolution image. The grasses and even the copyright has cracked up. Or did you upload a very large image and the software reduced the quality?

Ulhas Kalyanpur
15-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Nice sighting. You have uploaded a low resolution image. The grasses and even the copyright has cracked up. Or did you upload a very large image and the software reduced the quality?

Sabyasachiji, I uploaded a low resolution image. I am pretty bad at resizing a file. While resizing I mentioned 1024*768. But the file size was over 500 KB. So I had to choose a lower resolution. Please let me know how do I resize it correctly.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Ulhas,
Which software are you using to process your files? If an image has got lot of elements with fine details like grass then it will convert to a higher kb. Suppose you are shooting an bird on a wire against the light with the sky bright and without details then your file size will be less. So in situations where the file size is more, you have to lower the quality and/or reduce the size. At what dpi are you converting?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ulhas Kalyanpur
16-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Ulhas,
Which software are you using to process your files? If an image has got lot of elements with fine details like grass then it will convert to a higher kb. Suppose you are shooting an bird on a wire against the light with the sky bright and without details then your file size will be less. So in situations where the file size is more, you have to lower the quality and/or reduce the size. At what dpi are you converting?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

I use Lightroom. One of my friend taught me how to reduce the quality or size of the image. Attached is the same image with file size reduced correctly. This is one of my favourite images. It would be really helpful if you & all could critique this image. Any short comings will only make me learn more and improve :)

Sabyasachi Patra
17-09-2016, 11:14 PM
I think the focus is slightly behind the tiger and is on the grass. You would be able to check it in your original file. Is this a cropped image or as composed in camera?