PDA

View Full Version : Wild ecstasy

Arun Acharjee
05-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Last month I've encountered a lot of dragonflies (in number - of some common species found in my village). So I tried to capture their different frames. This one I found just beside our Boisa Beel, actually a horse-shoe lake. Its red color is really charming and can be found quickly among green backgrounds. As one of the common behavior of dragonflies I noticed returning it back to the same spot (that this image shows) again and again. I began to click it again and again with each time closer. Sometimes it afraid of the camera yet never gave away its favorite place.

I'm not sure of its ID. It seems to me a RUDDY MARSH SKIMMER (male). Asking for experts' suggestion.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
ISO: 200
Aperture: f/11
Shutter Speed: 1/125s.

Handheld, edited, cropped, ring-flash fired.

Thank you.

Mrudul Godbole
06-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Nice to see a close-up. But, I would have preferred a more proportional crop. Presently the wings and the tail are cut and not much space on the top, so that doesn't add to the composition. Placing it as per the rule of thirds while composing would have been good. How much crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
07-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Nice to see a close-up. But, I would have preferred a more proportional crop. Presently the wings and the tail are cut and not much space on the top, so that doesn't add to the composition. Placing it as per the rule of thirds while composing would have been good. How much crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your complements Mrudul ji. This image is almost 25% crop of the original.