PDA

View Full Version : In Its Kingdom

Arun Acharjee
07-10-2016, 08:52 PM
I found this Lynx Spider (Oxyopes sp.) hiding among long grasses in an uncultivated field. It was late afternoon and the sun was setting in the west. I tried to capture it at backlight.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
ISO: 400
Aperture: F/16
Shutter Speed: 1/160s

Handheld, Edited, Cropped, Ring-flash fired.

Thank you.

Mrudul Godbole
10-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Composition wise the vertical stalk divides the frame into two. Since the spider is in the right frame, the left frame becomes the negative space. So in this case you could have tried moving in close to get it larger in the frame (with a vertical composition) or place it more on the left with more space on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
11-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Composition wise the vertical stalk divides the frame into two. Since the spider is in the right frame, the left frame becomes the negative space. So in this case you could have tried moving in close to get it larger in the frame (with a vertical composition) or place it more on the left with more space on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Mrudul ji for your words. I have no other frame to crop according to your advice. The original image has also no scope to do that. Not tried any frame then as you suggest. Sorry for that :sad: .I would try it later.