PDA

View Full Version : The Little Cannibal

Arun Acharjee
11-10-2016, 09:18 PM
At first wish you a very Happy Dushera to all the members of IndiaWilds. I found this little cannibal yesterday while roaming about for some insects to frame. Think the hunter a Cormaldel Marsh Dart. I previously heared of their (damselflys') cannibalistic behavior. One day I found a damselfly in my school with another one as its prey though could not take a single frame because of no camera present with me. Yesterday I got. I don't know when again I would find it or not? Though I never forget these ruthless hunters- think how it feels to him seeing someone is going to feed on his head alive??? Its pathetic. Though “Beauty is truth, truth beauty,” . :001_smile:

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
ISO: 400
Aperture: F/14
Shutter Speed: 1/160s

Handheld, Edited, Cropped, No flash

Thank you all.

Mrudul Godbole
12-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Happy Dushera to you too :). In nature, the behaviour of the predator is to kill, so we cant say that it is cruel or pathetic, because it has to prey to stay alive and as per its behaviour it kills the prey. Its good you could observe and capture this action. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-10-2016, 08:13 PM
In nature a predator kills to eat. There is no wanton killing, unlike the way the human species engages in killings. In nature, except human beings other species don't torture for fun or fire an AK-47 or bomb people in a mall or school. The kind of violence shown in cartoon programs is mind boggling. A friends kid, after watching tom and jerry, thinks it is fun to beat others with a cricket bat.

Arun Acharjee
13-10-2016, 08:07 AM
Thank you Mrudul ji. Thanks Sabyasachi da. I completely agree with your words on killing for life essentials. I just look to the incident from the victim's point of view and further approach to ownself finding in the grasp of some unknown monster with a big open mouth coming forward to gallop head- just an imagination:001_smile: Thanks to you Sabyasachi da to make me find out another aspect of a very popular cartoon show.