PDA

View Full Version : A portrait try...

Jerin Dinesh
12-10-2016, 11:45 AM
While doing safari at Bandipur a portrait try with 150-600mm tamron lens..ISO 250,1/250,F5.6, on 150 hand held ,with Canon 600D.

Mrudul Godbole
12-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Nice sighting of this lone elephant. It looks a bit weak. I liked the vertical composition. The colourful trees on the mountain in the background adds to the image. Seems it was very windy. I think using a higher ISO for a higher shutter speed and a narrower aperture would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
12-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Nice composition. Agree with Madam Mrudul that the cow elephant may not be in good health. Has she given birth recently? Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Jerin Dinesh
14-10-2016, 09:13 PM
thank you ...i think its recently given birth...because her mates was near,include small calf too..after few mints it moved toward to the group...

Sabyasachi Patra
18-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Since you clicked this at 150mm, I am assuming that you won't have cropped/ cropped much. In that situation, you could have pushed up the ISO higher. This scene requires higher depth of field. You have only used f5.6. Narrowing the aperture to f8, f11 etc increases the depth of field and would have been good here.

The image is over saturated and the body of the elephant even has an yellow tinge. If you have shot in raw, then you can easily correct that in post processing.

The elephant is looking away from the frame. If the elephant would have turned a bit showing the side profile or the photographer could have moved to the right, then the composition would have been better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jerin Dinesh
20-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Agree with you!!!