PDA

View Full Version : Indian fox - in Kamathana

Subhash Shrivastava
02-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/160, f/6.3, 227 mm, ISO-200. Basic PP in GIMP.

Clicked near Kamathana Village, Bidar, Karnataka on 3rd July, 2016.
We used to have regular sightings of foxes in Bidar District till Nov, 2014, thereafter some excellent grasslands were decimated and remaining were highly encroached upon. We had given up the hope of seeing the foxes again there.

This July, first rains after a year of drought, the grassland near Kamathana had a year of relief, paradoxically, due to lack of cultivation and it was visible in the number of Blackbucks we saw there. As I was maneuvering my car to stay clear of mud patches, my wife whispered, 'fox' and we froze. There in front of us, in all its glory, was an Indian Fox relaxing somnolent.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Great to see a fox in this habitat. The vegetation at the right gives a feeling of the fox being hidden. Is it a crop? I would also like to see a wider scene which will show its habitat well. Do you have a vertical composition? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Nice resting pose. Lovely long ears. Nice take. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
03-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Rare sighting of this shy species. I remember chasing it in GRK for a long time to get a decent photograph. Agree a wider composition would be nice. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
06-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Thanks Sabya sir, Sakti da and Mrudul for viewing and sharing your feedback.
The image has been cropped from left and bottom, about 10%, nothing significant is removed in cropping, I missed taking a wider compo with the fox, but I have many habitat shots with Blackbucks of the same area. I may be posting some in landscape section.

Shyamala Kumar
11-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Lovely sighting nicely captured.By the way who took the shot.?:thumbup:

Subhash Shrivastava
14-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Hi Shyamala ma'am, How did your TATR trip go. This shot was mine, though my kid took a better image with an older camera :)
Sorry for the delayed reply , i just returned from Tippeshwar. Thanks for sharing your feedback.